We are specialists who are highly trained and certified for aging in place and occupational therapy services. We are able to provide professional, post-graduate doctoral level services that are research-based, such as:
- Home assessments to determine if there are any possible simple home adaptations to improve safety and ease for mobility
- Safety assessments that determine cognitive abilities such as: memory, judgement, organization and problem-solving for everyday tasks from getting dressed, taking medications, meal preparation to financial management. This includes mobility assessments that address balance, strength and vision, and how they are able to maneuver in their home
- Activities of daily living assessments to determine how someone does the everyday tasks and possible adaptive techniques, if appropriate
These services help determine if the home is still a good fit for the client. What if it is determined that their home is not a good fit, then what?
- We provide referrals and suggestions for the right level of help at home. This could be the difference between getting 24/7 caregiver support OR only for specific tasks that they need help with at home. We are able to identify the specific activities people need help with at home to live safely so the right level of care is provided.
- We are able to determine if alternative living arrangements are needed and what the right level of care is needed, if it is assisted living or skilled nursing facility with long term care
- We have resources to community agencies, professional in-home medical services, elder law, caregiver agencies, and transition services for moving out of the home. For a sample of services, go to our Resources page